29 weeks

1/11/2011


Just a couple more months to go! I don't know how I feel about this...I'm anxious and excited and scared and nervous all at the same time! Mostly though, I'm excited. I always love a new adventure in life!

I'm still doing awesome compared to other women I hear about during pregnancy, but I am definitley starting to get more uncomfortable every day! My hips ache at nights and most nights I wake up around 4 in the morning and can't go back to sleep. Breathing while laying down is a struggle sometimes. Baby is still SO active, and I love it! (Mostly. Sometimes I admit that I get a little annoyed when I'm trying to sleep and he starts having a dance party.) My stomach is always moving like I'm doing belly rolls, it's funny to watch. I still laugh everytime I see it, multiple times a day. I don't know if I'll ever get used to it!

I figured out that {most of} my Braxton Hicks come after I drink caffeine. Even figuring that out, I still have an occasional Dr. Pepper. Since my 17 pound weight gain I've been right back on track gaining a pound a week like I'm supposed to. I can tell he's growing so much, my belly gets bigger everyday! I still haven't bought any maternity jeans and I plan to make it through this pregnancy without them. I have 4 pairs of jeans I still fit comfortably into. (with a rubberband holding them together of course.) No huge cravings, although I eat a lot more taco time then normal. No stretch marks, no swelling in my legs or feet...I just don't have much to complain about!

I'll be starting my Hypnobabies class in a couple weeks, and I'm VERY excited about it. I have high hopes in not getting an epidural, but even if something unexpected happens I'm excited to have this experience that I will be able to use in all areas of my life. All I hear about hypnobabies is great things! (For those who think I'm crazy, my biggest reasoning behind not wanting an epidural is a quick recovery. I'd like to be able to pee by myself and go home ASAP after having my baby!)

Overall pregnancy has been a huge adjustment. Women can tell you what it's like, but you just don't know until you go through it! It's been a great experience so far, but I'm excited to have the little guy around and to get my body and energy back.

THERE ya go, that's my pregnancy update. Work for Dan has slowed down a lot this past week and it's been fantastic to have him getting home at the same time as me again. There is a lot less stress now and we are both finally getting past this stupid cough that has been lingering. Now that his schedule is less busy, we will be painting on Monday, starting with our bedroom. I'm SO excited! It won't be fun to paint, but I'm so excited to have it done. We picked out a paint color for the nursery and I just hope I don't regret it. You never know until it's up on the wall...

My work is getting a little more stressful now that we're trying to figure things out for me leaving soon. Being the only MA for the doctor I work for lands a lot of responsiblity on my shoulders. I have such a great job and we're so blessed that I have the oppurtunity to go back to work 2 days a week without having to worry about daycare. Dan will be watching our boy one day and my mom will have him one day. I've never been set one way or the other on being a stay at home or working mom. It does sound nice, just to be at home with my baby and take care of him everyday. But I also worry that I would go crazy staying at home so much. This way works out so that I will get a little break to get out of the house, and baby boy will get to spend more time with daddy and grandma! Not to mention the extra income that I can contribute, which will be much wanted and needed. I'm so excited that things worked out so well and that my job is so great. I am nervous about how we will handle a tighter budget, but I'm very optimistic that things will work out. They always do!

This is what I feel like right now:




Motivated, happy, and on my way to new adventures. Life is good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment