I hate goals.

10/05/2011
Okay, that's not entirely true. But I hate the way that I make goals. Seriously, if you could see the piles of post-it notes and slips of paper that I write on everyday, you would be sick. They're all over every pocket of my way-too-big purses. They're in the drawers, they're on the tables. And 95% of the time, after I write them down and stuff them away I never see them again.



I need a solution to this.



And I'm not talking about an organized day planner. (Although, that would be nice...) I'm talking about shutting my brain off for a while! All I do, all the time, is think about what I could do better, what I could buy, how I could get the money to buy it, how I could learn new things, how I could accomplish my goals, blah, blah, blah. It doesn't sound like a bad thing, and maybe it's not so bad. But it sure is annoying sometimes! Why?



Think about it. If you make a million goals, will you be able to keep them all? Chances are no. And if you don't keep your goals, it's pretty depressing right? So I feel like a failure like...all the time!



Here is my solution: not to stop making goals, but to limit the number of goals I make! Bob said it best, baby steps.



So I've slowed it down a little. I'm focusing on getting my six pack back, and my hope is to have it by Christmas time!



So to sum it up, I thought I'd share with y'all my new workout routine. I'm loving it! (Did you get the McDonald's song in your head when you read that? I did too! Good job mcd's marketing.) I'm working on encorporating a lot more weight training/abs to my work outs.



Monday: CARDIO Spinning 9:00 a.m. and/or Zumba 4:15



Tuesday: WEIGHTS/ABS Body sculpting 6:00 a.m.



Wednesday: OFF

Thursday: WEIGHTS/ABS + CARDIO Body sculpting 6:00 a.m. and Zumba 6:30 p.m.



Friday: TONING/ABS PLiO strength 7:00 a.m.



Saturday: MEDITATION/TONING Yoga Flow 10:00 a.m.



Sunday: OFF



Do you love the variety? Me too! I get Yoga, weight lifting, dancing, and cycling all in one week!



And on top of this, I'm going to do the Jillian Michaels 6 pack in 6 weeks! It's going to be fun, I tell ya what. Dream stomach, I'll see ya soon!!



FAMILY UPDATES



Recently my older brother and his family visited us all the way from Turkey. It was so great to see my big brother, it's been wayyy too long! And Jace finally got to meet his Uncle Chris, Aunt Laura and cousin Kairi!








Good times.



And can you believe my little dude is 6 months old?! I sure can't. That's half a year people! Sheesh! Where does the time go.



This little guy is seriously the best. And did you know, he eats everything now (except meat and dairy, of course) and he's sure a food lover. Except for olives. We tried giving him some olives the other day, and this is what it looked like:










It's fun to see his cute personality coming out more and more everyday. He laughs a lot, smiles a lot, and TALKS a lot! I swear he will be talking soon, all his babbles are already sounding like words! He always has great stories to tell mom and dad.








I just love my cute little family. We rock!!


No comments:

Post a Comment