Resolutions

1/04/2012



Todays confession is that I have never been big on the New Years Resolutions. Making and breaking goals can be a bit discouraging, yeah? But maybe that's just me.


2011 was, in the best way possible, the most life-changing year for me so far. Some big events from 2011:


Having a baby. This was the biggest and best thing that happened to me in 2011, hands down!


Buying our first home together.


Finding a new spiritual enlightenment and greater love and consideration for humankind.


How can 2012 top that? To tell you the truth, this year I feel motivation like I've never had before. So many things to do, places to go, and goals to accomplish!


2012:


Photography - As of late, I am largely inspired to play with my artsy side. I have been dying to get a good starter camera, like this one. In fact, I have an envelope sitting in my nightstand labeled "Megs Canon xs savings fund". In no time I will be well on my way to buying myself this beaut and capturing memories better then I ever have before!


Write a book - This is one of those goals that you push to the back of your mind where it collects dust and nothing ever becomes of it. Not anymore! I have one page down, a few hundred to go... But the important thing is that I have a story line to go on. I've been thinking it up for months now, and it's just starting to get good. Don't be surprised if I become famous one day!


Meditate - Did you watch Oprah on Dr. Oz last week? I love that lady, she inspires so much good in people. If you watched it you know that she talked about meditation and how much it's improved her life. On her network, all the employees stop everything to meditate every single day at 9:00 and 4:30. Improved concentration, better health, and staying in tune with a power greater than ourselves-that's some powerful improvement. Every. Single. day.


These are just a small few among other resolutions that include a specific savings plan, eating more vegetables, practicing becoming more selfless, refinishing some furniture, and better following my heart without worries of what people think about me.


Yep, I have a good feeling about 2012.


What are some of your New Years resolutions?

No comments:

Post a Comment