If these jeans could talk.

2/05/2013
I'd like to tell you about my hands-down favorite purchase of clothing for mister J thus far in his life. Like I have nothing better to do than to write a blog post about a pair of jeans?? It's all too much, I know. But nonetheless, it's what I'm here to blog about today.

Don't act like you don't love it.

So back before mister J could walk, when he was still a squiggley pile of chub that would occasionally roll around on the floor, I bought him this pair of jeans. (warning: cuteness overload ahead!)

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

Those cheeks, am I right?! He was the cutest. THE CUTEST.

Oh yes, but the jeans. So they were Levi Brand jeans from Dillards, on sale. It was love at first sight, when I saw them hanging on the rack. They were the cutest and most stylish little boy jeans I had seen! And since my 6 month old fit into 12 month clothes I went ahead and bought them. Because really, wouldn't you have? And even though he couldn't stand up, he rocked those jeans right away I tell you.

Not a few months later, my little pile of squishy started crawling. (tear.) That's about when the distressed look wore itself into the jeans, as he crawled all over the place and didn't even start walking until he was 14 months old.

Fast forward to now, mister J is 23 months. Gah! 23 months! And these jeans, the 12 month size levi brand sale jeans, are still the item of clothing he wears most. They have faded to the lightest blue, and the distresses are only getting wider spread. Every time he puts the jeans on, a foot accidentally goes into the hole instead of out the end.

They. Are. Fabulous. I am going to make sure he wears these babies until there is nothing left! They hold the most memories of anything in his closet so far.

Uploaded from the Photobucket iPhone AppUploaded from the Photobucket iPhone App

These old jeans.

And I know, the excitement of my blog posts is ridiculous. Is this what my life has come to? Blogging about my toddler's jeans??

I'll take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment