Cabin Fever

1/06/2014











My in laws have the cutest quaint little cabin up the canyon that I've always been smitten with. Between summer hot dog roasts and winter sledding, we've made some great memories at the cabin over the years.

This weekend brought us clean air and the miracle of seeing the mountains in the distance as the inversion left us, and we couldn't have been more happy to see that inversion go! So we took advantage of some fresh air to hike up to the cabin in the freezing cold. We like to make the most of these miserable Januarys, amidst freezing temperatures and inversions and winter sicknesses. Because me and mine, we hate being cooped up at home.

Speaking of winter sicknesses. This weekend also brought me the 24 hour stomach flu and a nasty head cold to boot. But I'll try not to focus on that, you know. It's life for someone who is pregnant in January I suppose. It's just inevitable!

I heard on the radio this morning that today is the "most depressing day of the year". Although today has been crazy so far and I still can't breathe while sounding like a frog, I'm not depressed so I'll chalk it up to a win! But if you are, I don't blame you. Monday the 6th, the most depressing day of the year. Do what you gotta do to get through today! Might I suggest the season premiere of the bachelor tonight? I bet that cheers us right up. ;)

xoxo


No comments:

Post a Comment