Hawaii Part Two - The road to Hana

5/11/2016




























Another thing we did in Maui was drive to Hana. (Fun fact: Woody Harrelson lives in Hana!) The road to Hana is not for the faint of heart my friends! It is curvy and narrow and beautiful and completely worth it.

We made stops along the way at waterfalls and fruit stands. (I sliced my heel open while swimming under a waterfall!) We ate burgers and washed them down with sweet tea in Hana. We drove to seven sacred pools where the waves were treacherous and lovely to watch. Dan and I collect sand from our trips and keep them in cute little jars with a sticker on the bottom telling us what beach it came from, so on the way back we impulsively stopped at a beach to scoop up some salt and pepper sand (black sand beaches!) and it turned out to be one of our favorite beaches of the island, Hamoa Beach. (The TSA tried to take our sand on the way back home but it persevered! They did get our sunburn-be-gone lotion, however. You win some you lose some.) We swam at Hamoa Beach for a long while, diving into waves and riding them to shore. The hour we spent at Homoa Beach is one of my favorite memories from Maui. It was so fun and carefree that I felt like I was a kid again.

As with everything in Maui, the views were incredible on the drive to Hana. I don't think I will ever stop talking about how freaking gorgeous the rainforest is!



Happy Wednesday friends! Get out there and get you some!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment