saturday morning + orange kissed pancakes

1/18/2014
 photo D724BD81-3526-4DE9-8605-B52F3FC84943.jpg
 photo 15254F25-4B5D-4BFC-821C-0DBA4A73877C.jpg photo 9ED716AC-925C-4F4C-A71F-313436659AFD.jpg photo 990E583A-863F-4F8B-B67F-55AFA26D236A.jpg

My name is Meghan, and I believe in a good leisurely breakfast and the happiness it brings. Amen.

We love saturday mornings at the c house. Not as much as sunday mornings, mind you, but nonetheless. My J man is all for sleeping in nowdays on the regular, and it's pretty heavenly. This morning I slept in until 8:00, had time for an hour of me-time in a quiet house which included my prenatal yoga and mixing up some orange kissed pancakes, all before J woke up.

And I feel I should share this orange kissed pancake recipe with you, no? You'll love it, I'm just sure of it.

1 egg
2 tbsp butter, melted
1 cup orange juice
1 cup flour
2 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt

// Combine the egg, butter and orange juice and blend on high for 20-20 seconds // Add the flour, baking powder, sugar and salt and blend again for another 20 seconds (or until smooth) // Pour batter 1/4 cup at a time on skillet or griddle over medium heat // Flip, yada yada, serve, enjoy!

And seriously, never underestimate a good breakfast you guys. It does amazing things for your day.

This week I was reminded yet again how much my toddler needs routine. It's amazing to me the miracles it will bring for a toddler, having a set routine in life! You see, we had a nice long holiday break that lasted a good few weeks, in which there was almost no routine whatsoever. And while the party was grand while it lasted, I was starting to get a lot of crazy pent up energy and sassy back talk and extra tantrums from my sweet boy. I thought to myself, ohhhh great, here comes three years old! good-bye sweet two's, we will miss youuuu!

But then. Oh then! Then we got back to our routine. Admittedly, it was rocky at first. Some whining the first few days, some random outbursts, a few extra tantrums. But then we really hit the groove of our weekly routine and we remembered what it was like. Work and preschool, breakfast and dinner, brushing our teeth and going to bed at the same time every night! It turns out that routine isn't boring at all, not ultimately. It turns out that routine and the work week and a set schedule are sanity. Vacations are great to throw in every so often too, of course, for the perfect blend of sanity.

And do you know what has happened, since we got back to our routine after a sort-of-too-long-vacation? The clouds parted and the sun broke through and my sweet, fun-loving, talkative and making me laugh all day boy came back! Oh how I missed him!

Routine. Routine, routine, routine. That's where it's at! I love vacations and down-time and breaks but, oh how I love routine and working and feeling accomplished. It's been fantastic.

And anyway, it's not noon yet so go make you some orange pancakes and start your saturday right! Happy weekend friends!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment